[Advanced Tutorial] Midjourney uses the drawing method of reference map/pad map
Everyone knows that the effects generated by AI painting tools are random each time. But now, many AI drawing tools provide a way to add reference pictures/mat pictures, so that AI paintings can draw the layout, scene, color, etc. they want based on the reference pictures provided by users. Domestic AI drawing tools are generally easy to operate, and the mainstream AI drawing tool abroad - Midjourney can also use reference pictures for drawing, but many novices do not notice this.
1. Midjourney uses reference images + keywords to generate images
1. First click the plus sign to upload the picture that needs to be used as a reference, and Midjourney will regenerate the picture and display it on the page. (In fact, just let it generate a link that can be recognized in the Midjourney system.)
2. After the picture is uploaded, you need to name the picture in the dialog box. You can enter any name, such as "abc", and then press the Enter key. As shown below: upload picture
Enter any character and press enter
The result is shown in the figure
2. Click the picture, select "Open in browser" in the pop-up options, and then copy the URL of the picture.
3. Paste the image link behind the imgine prompt. Note that the link suffix must be .png or .jpg.
4. After the paste is completed, there must be a space, then enter the description, and finally press the Enter key to generate a new picture. If you are using the v5 version of Midjourney, you can also use the --iw command to control the similarity between the new image and the reference image. The value range is 0.5~2. The larger the value, the higher the proportion of the reference image.
If you want to use the v5 version of Midjourney, you can go to [v5 Tutorial] How to open Midjourney v5 version to learn.
2. Midjourney's blend command can fuse several pictures to generate a set of fusion pictures
The method is as follows: 1. Enter / in the plus sign column to select the blend command.
2. Add pictures that need to be fused, up to five can be fused.
3. After adding the pictures, press the Enter key to generate a group of fusion pictures. Suitable for images that combine similar themes, different kinds of elements or rendering styles.
In short, these two methods can be used in combination to achieve more interesting effects.