How to Register/Use Google Bard
Google announced on its official blog that Bard, its generative artificial intelligence dialogue tool based on a large language model, has entered the open beta phase. Google claims that Bard is a supplement to the Google search experience and provides a conversational interaction method.
The scope of this test is limited to users in the United States and the United Kingdom (friends in other regions, please try to surf the Internet scientifically) , and currently only supports message replies in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese.
How to sign up for Google Bard
1. Open bard.google.com with your browser. 2. Click the " Join Waitlist" button.
3. Sign in with your Google account. In the announcement, Google said the waitlist was open, but for some, access was gained quickly. For example, I signed up for Bard's waitlist and got an invite a few hours later.
How to use Google Bard
1. Open bard.google.com in your browser, or click the " Take it for a spin " button in your email.
2. Read the terms and privacy conditions carefully. 3. Click the " I agree " button.
4. You will see a prompt box reminding "Bard is an experiment". Click the " Got it " button.
From here, you'll see an interface similar to other chat apps such as Google Messages. At the top of the page, Bard provides some different examples, you can choose one to try, wait a second or two, and see Bard's response on the screen.
You can reply with a question related to the tip provided, or enter a different tip entirely at the bottom of the screen. However, within each provided response, there are several different options. One of these is the ability to provide feedback using the thumbs up or down buttons on the bottom left. Next to it is a " New Response " button to essentially "reset" the Bard, and a Google it button if you want to learn more. If you choose this option, you will be offered "Search related topics", clicking on one of these will open Google Search in a new window.
In the upper right corner, there is a " View other drafts " menu that expands and shows the three different drafts that Bard generated. As you might expect, these drafts are slightly different, and other options may be formatted differently than the hints initially displayed.
At present, Bard may provide users with inaccurate information replies, and Google has set up a protective mechanism to limit information exchange, but as an important step for Google to enter the field of AI, Google Bard is still worth trying.